Intel Quad processors and future PC games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am about to buy a new Intel Quad Q6600 PC with ATI HD 4870 video card but before deciding to buy I wish to know how long would the Quad processors continue to support the coming PC games. As you know the Intel Core i7 (Nehalem) processors are due by the year's end do you think I would be able to play the future PC games with my Quad when the Intel Core i7 would be released? Also which Quad should go for, Q6600, Q9550 or Q9400? I mean which is the best in performance and is the most mainstream. Kindly inform. Thanks:)

You will be fine with any Intel C2Q on the market as of right now. Most games that have been released in the last year or so are not even optimized for quads, so these processors are ahead of their time when talking about PC games. The only games that take full advantage of multiple cores are your res hoggers like BioShock, Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3. Buying a current quad-core cpu will last you awhile, and the new Nehalem chips are gonna be obsoleted when the industry moves toward fiber architecture anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back