Intel quietly lowers prices on Core i3-550, others

By Matthew
Oct 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Intel regularly tweaks its price list with nary a word to the masses, but the Tech Report caught chipzilla red-handed this time. The site reports that Intel has lowered prices on four desktop and two mobile processors. Looking at the latest price sheet (PDF), Intel cut 15% off its 3.2GHz i3-550, putting it at $117. That's identical to the 3.06GHz i3-540 and only $4 more than the 2.93GHz i3-530 -- the company's cheapest i3 desktop offering.

Read the whole story
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,400   +832

Super, when I bought my i3-530 for $99.95 at Microcenter, I didn't think that there would be a way I'd be punished as an, "early adopter". But now, the i3-540 can be had for the same price. Oh man, am I pissed.....! I'm overclocking mad...! Well, maybe a little anyway. Meh, nevermind. :(
  3. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

I wish they would lower the prices on the rest.. Basically to compete more with amd...
  4. They don't need to compete with amd there cpu's outperform them so they can charge what they like.
  5. my intel pro/wireless driver is out of work, but i cannot figure out which type i should update.any ideas?
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

Have you seen intel's quarterly's this year. They're doing just fine.

I'll be skipping over to microcenter to pick up an i5 for an htpc build.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.