Intel readies 34nm NAND SSD lineup

By Jos
Jun 29, 2009
  1. According to a piece on The Inquirer, Intel is about to update its much-lauded SSD lineup with the introduction of new units based on the firm’s 34nm NAND chips. Initially expected for a Q4 release, it now appears that the drives could arrive in just a couple of weeks, bringing larger capacities, reduced power consumption, even faster performance and most importantly a drop in price.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I'm looking forward to the day when these SSD drives drop down to the price of a SATA drive. ;-)
  3. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 729

Since they are using a smaller process, I'm a little surprised that they are not making higher capacity drives than 320 gigabytes. Toshiba already has 512 gigabyte drives, which I'm pretty sure don't use a 34mm process.
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,022   +612

For my sanity sake I hope those don't outperform my month old Intel 160gb SSD... and yes I paid full ticket price for it ;)
  5. seanp789

seanp789 TS Enthusiast Posts: 111

Oh hell yes. I almost bought the X25M last week but that is now definitely on hold.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Great find Julio. I'm looking for more ssd's now, gave my g skill to my brother, just waiting for prices to become a bit more competitive.
  7. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

"Toshiba already has 512 gigabyte drives, which I'm pretty sure don't use a 34mm process."
    Because the Toshiba drives are almost twice as good as intel drives...
    Yay I want one :).
  8. Reloader2

Reloader2 TS Rookie Posts: 66

Im gonna wait until ssd price drops and i am a hundred procent sure they are stable....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.