TechSpot

Intel readies 34nm NAND SSD lineup

By Jos
Jun 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. According to a piece on The Inquirer, Intel is about to update its much-lauded SSD lineup with the introduction of new units based on the firm’s 34nm NAND chips. Initially expected for a Q4 release, it now appears that the drives could arrive in just a couple of weeks, bringing larger capacities, reduced power consumption, even faster performance and most importantly a drop in price.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,347   +397

I'm looking forward to the day when these SSD drives drop down to the price of a SATA drive. ;-)
  3. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

Since they are using a smaller process, I'm a little surprised that they are not making higher capacity drives than 320 gigabytes. Toshiba already has 512 gigabyte drives, which I'm pretty sure don't use a 34mm process.
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,535   +318

For my sanity sake I hope those don't outperform my month old Intel 160gb SSD... and yes I paid full ticket price for it ;)
  5. seanp789

seanp789 TS Enthusiast Posts: 113

Oh hell yes. I almost bought the X25M last week but that is now definitely on hold.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Great find Julio. I'm looking for more ssd's now, gave my g skill to my brother, just waiting for prices to become a bit more competitive.
  7. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

"Toshiba already has 512 gigabyte drives, which I'm pretty sure don't use a 34mm process."
    Because the Toshiba drives are almost twice as good as intel drives...
    Yay I want one :).
  8. Reloader2

Reloader2 TS Rookie Posts: 66

Im gonna wait until ssd price drops and i am a hundred procent sure they are stable....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.