Intel replicates 320 Series 8MB bug, promises firmware update

By Matthew
Jul 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A couple weeks ago, Intel confirmed the existence of a flaw that could cause heavy data losses on its new 320 Series solid-state drives. Referred to as the "8MB bug"…

Read the whole story
  2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 853   +84

Respect to Intel for not dragging this out. Same with the Sata 3.0 chipset bug. I think stories like this would help convince customers (and myself) it is worth paying extra for a product from a company that doesn't ignore you. Even they themselves said only a small percentage of drives are affected, but they replicated it, and are fixing it as we speak. Kudos to Intel.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

The one good thing about SSDs being relatively small, is that backing them up to a larger drive is usually not a big hassle.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,365   +261

I have to admit, Intel are one of those rare large company's that actually attempts to clear up issues with its own products, they respond very quickly as well which is nice. Better than Apple which simply blame it on "User Error"...
  5. mosu

mosu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 290

No one wants AMD instead? Curious!
  6. I stick to SanDisk SSDs, for memory they have always been reliable and bug free. I loved their cards, I am gonna get the ultra ssds.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.