TechSpot

Intel reports loss but revenue beats expectations

By Jos
Jul 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intel appears to be on the rebound after hitting the bottom CEO Paul Otellini declared back in April. Even though profits for the second quarter were sunk into the red by a one-time $1.45 billion fine from the European Commission, the company still managed to report healthy sales of $8 billion; down from $9.4 billion a year ago but significantly higher than analyst expectations of $7.27 billion.

Read the whole story
  2. It annoys me when you guys here at techspot post misleading financial news... stick to the tech jargon and please stop trying to crunch numbers. They didnt post a lose actually. They far blew away analysts ratings and after hour trading saw a spike of over 10%.

In this economy, if they posted a gain of any type you should be happy haha. Considering all the chapter 11's ..
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

what article did you read unidentified guest? and did you read the whole thing?
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

You know Guest, you dont have to come here to read the articles you know...
  5. snowchick7669

snowchick7669 TS Maniac Posts: 698

It annoys me when people come here under 'Guest' accounts and leave comments like that.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

same here, idunno why they even added that feature.
  7. snowchick7669

Yeah that's true. If they bother enough to leave a comment, then why not make an account.

Then it eliminates the feel of "I'm anonymous, so I can be as disrespectful as I want"
  8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,536   +318

You have some of those, but there's also been a lot of phenomenal participation from guest users. Ultimately is a way for non-regular users to get more involved and eventually register.
  9. snowchick7669

Thanks for clearing it up Julio :)

Guess the pros outweigh the cons
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.