Intel rips up desktop roadmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Found this over at the Inquirer, Intel is cutting prices again to compete with AMD....again

Will AMD react with Thoroughbred?

By Mike Magee, 26/03/2002 09:46:18 BST

THE LAST TIME we published comprehensive figures of Intel pricing was in early February but it seems Intel is reacting to depredations by AMD, knocking off quite a few dollars on the Pentium 4 the better to compete with its most major CPU irritant.

Full story at Inquirer

I have said it before and I will say it again, competition is good (great) for everyone. No matter what type of processor you have in your machine, having two large companies fighting against each other with great products and lowered prices in an effort to get you to buy their items is a win-win situation. Let the games continue.

Originally posted by setscrew
I have said it before and I will say it again, competition is good (great) for everyone. No matter what type of processor you have in your machine, having two large companies fighting against each other with great products and lowered prices in an effort to get you to buy their items is a win-win situation. Let the games continue.

Set, I am a staunch AMD supporter, however I fully agree, Intel NEEDS AMD and Visa-versa !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back