TechSpot

Intel rolls out 16 new desktop and mobile processors

By Jos
Sep 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Intel expanded its processor lineup over the weekend to include no less than 16 new models, including five for notebooks and eleven aimed at desktop PCs. These are all 32nm…

Read the whole story

2. Good thing i waited! :)

3. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

I want to hear some news about socket LGA 2011 CPU's

4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

So the new i5 isnt unlocked? :( Core i5 prices arent going down one bit. I think they are holding back Ivy Bridge just to make loads of money playing the market. Many are thinking that.

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

I just threw away my old computer junk, and I had to bid goodbye to my first Pentium. ='(

6. @First comment - Glad I bought the 2500k on release before they went up. Running nicely at 4.7Ghz, have fun overclocking these new ones :p

7. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 167

I'm still strongly considering buying a 2.9 GHz Llano. The Fusion A8 is still faster than the old Q8200 that I currently use for my music production station, and paired with the nVidia 8400 GS (fanless!) that I also just bought, I think that the whole system will perform pretty well.

AMD is still kicking butt when it comes to price/performance. True, Intel still is tops, but I believe that this is changing. Plus, if ARM processors ever come out for desktop PCs, I believe that both Intel and AMD will have some problems.

Folks like myself, who are looking for low-latency, high-performance, and low-power alternatives could do a lot worse than by going with a small instruction set chip.

8. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Posts: 207

glad too see that , excellent step from intel

9. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Posts: 207

intel to the better , AMD no change