TechSpot

Intel says 10 watt Haswell processors are coming to Ultrabooks

By Shawn Knight
Sep 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Intel's fourth generation Core processor architecture has been the talk of the town thus far at this year's Intel Developer Forum despite the fact that it won't be ready for consumer use until sometime next year. There's a lot to...

Read more

2. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

I'm going to have to stop reading these articles, or I'll be waiting for the next best ultrabook forever.

prismatics and madboyv1 like this.
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 964   +49

Well put... well put. Maybe I'll buy a boat or a car or a house, just to keep money away from the computer budget. =p

4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +99

God technology is crazy, the progress is getting fairly fast and I am sure it could be even faster if the Developers would bother but then who would buy it all! :p

5. Now if only software developers made the same effort in increasing resource efficiency....because to me it seems that just as hardware provides more and more performance output with every generation, so does the software use up much of these gains...Nowadays software is focused around release schedules, pushing new products on the market and selling as many new features as possible, but nobody seriously cares about making existing products more compact/efficient....and it just builds on and on with every next release...of course there are occasional exceptions but still...

6. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Wow they put the controller hub into the cpu itself, so what's the motherboard? Basically just plugs connecting to the CPU pinouts?

7. REALLY INTEL....10 watt ivy bridge..............are you just saying things that it will never be released like larrabee 1 and 2 remember they instead released Knights Ferry but thats not all they also can't released that too...instead final product is Xeon Phi. Whatever Nvidia makes a major release then Intel opens their big fat mouth to defending the legacy outdated code X86.....RISC rules over CISC...from CELL to POWER7

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,968   +955

Really dude, you just used up way more than ten watts with that rant. Blessed power you could have saved to take on Intel directly.

Here's the Link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html Go give 'em hell big guy!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.