Intel says Arc Alchemist A770 & A750 cards will launch "very soon," confirms more specs

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: Are you excited about Intel's Arc A770 and A750 cards? Probably not, especially in light of the RTX 4000 and Radeon RX 7000 series on their way. Still, Intel's midrange products are launching simultaneously and "very soon," according to employees.

With the underwhelming, entry-level Arc 3 A380 the only one of Intel's new dedicated graphics cards available, we've been waiting to see what the more powerful Arc A7 series can offer. There have been concerns that Intel was once again about to miss a deadline with these products: it said they would arrive in summer, a season that's just a couple of weeks away from ending.

But in an interview with PC Games Hardware and Digital Foundry, Intel's Tom Petersen and Ryan Shrout confirmed that the A770 and A750 are set to launch "very soon."

Intel has been hyping the Arc 7 A770 as a card that can outperform the RTX 3060 in 1080p ray tracing benchmarks, suggesting its performance will be closer to the RTX 3060 Ti, leaving the A750 as a rival for the non-Ti RTX 3060.

The employees confirmed that custom A770 cards would come in both 8GB and 16GB flavors, though the Limited Edition, which is Intel's reference design, will only be available with 16GB of VRAM. The A750, meanwhile, will only feature 8GB of VRAM. Some of the cards' AIB partner models will be factory overclocked, offering better performance compared to the reference design.

Our own Steve Walton noted that the Arc 3 A380 requires resizable base address register (ReBAR) enabled; otherwise, you can expect a massive fps drop. Intel says this won't change with the upcoming A7 cards, so those with older systems should probably stay clear, but it's working to address the issue in future Arc generations. Intel also said that its ACM-G10 GPU, used in the upcoming cards, doesn't natively support HDMI 2.1 output

Some of the A770/750's more appealing features include full support for Microsoft's DirectStorage technology, though we'll have to wait until Forspoken arrives next year to see how much it benefits PC games. There's also Intel's XeSS upscaling tech that the company says can more than double fps (using performance mode) in some 1440p games.

Intel still hasn't revealed how much these cards will cost when they launch in "key countries"—as opposed to just China. The company has long stressed that they will offer excellent value for gamers, but with Ampere's price constantly falling as Lovelace approaches, it'll be interesting to see just how much of an impact on the market they have, and if Intel keeps its promise not to abandon Arc.

Permalink to story.

I have real issues with the abysmal support for older directX - one of the best things about PC gaming is the backwards compatibility and there is enough issues on older games without the graphics cards not liking them.

Are consumers willing to buy Intel video cards? Sure, "very soon".
They don't need to. Intel still has a lot of influence with system builders. They'll definitely add them to "All Intel" PCs thanks to some "incentives" from Intel.

What Intel needs to actually launch these darn things. Even the original early 2022 launch dates were considered very late by many.

I have real issues with the abysmal support for older directX - one of the best things about PC gaming is the backwards compatibility and there is enough issues on older games without the graphics cards not liking them.
Things will make sense if you watch the DF video going in as someone that understands what Intel is attempting. It doesn't make ANY sense to welcome competition, but then put a time limit on it. Right? It's madness how in a rush people are, trying to fit Intel in as if they came in running! How long did it take AMD to match the 1080 Ti for example? What was their excuse being an established company, versus a new guy? The amount of people that are so quick to call something dead before it's born is sad and entertaining to watch at the same time from where I am. Shameful techies if you ask me. Find new work/hobby.

Last edited:
Considering how bad their drivers are, I would not buy one.
Maybe Intel can manage to fix their drivers by the time Battlemage releases.

Things will make sense if you watch the DF video going in as someone that understands what Intel is attempting. It doesn't make ANY sense to welcome competition, but then put a time limit on it. Right? It's madness how in a rush people are, trying to fit Intel in as if they came in running! How long did it take AMD to match the 1080 Ti for example? What was their excuse being an established company, versus a new guy? The amount of people that are so quick to call something dead before it's born is sad and entertaining to watch at the same time from where I am. Shameful techies if you ask me. Find new work/hobby.
I'm not calling it dead. But I am soo fed up of Intel's marketing campaign on this point. Everything everyday me is going of is what they are saying.

For me the only way to resolve it is release the cards and get set on improving them.

Considering how bad their drivers are, I would not buy one.
Maybe Intel can manage to fix their drivers by the time Battlemage releases.

it inst just the more visible driver bugs - its also the version 1.0 bootrom causing several systems to not boot the boards.

They said "soon" about a month ago on LTT video podcast. What an amateurish marketing campaign. They really don't know what to do at this point.

"Soon" could mean anything. One thing that it means is "not yet". What it means to you depends from person to person. Someone told they are dying "soon" are hoping that that means more than teenager excepts when told "we will be there soon".

"Patience is a virtue"

what AMD bought (ATi), Intel has to make from scratch. ;)

"Soon" could mean anything. One thing that it means is "not yet". What it means to you depends from person to person. Someone told they are dying "soon" are hoping that that means more than teenager excepts when told "we will be there soon".

"Patience is a virtue"

what AMD bought (ATi), Intel has to make from scratch. ;)

Except its already made and being marketed (cough) via controlled pre-reviews. And unless you've been living under a rock they've already missed release dates. At this point it's already passed the patience stage and becoming comical. ;)

I am not living under a rock. They have released arc 380. It sucks. Drivers suck. I am not in the market for any Arc cards. Intel has a lot of work to be done.

SOON =/= what you think it means.

set to arrive later this year in 'early summer.

they did miss that, or could perhaps released the cards with driver that doesn't work. After that, when asked, they just say "soon". I don't have a problem with that, neither should you. None of you is in the market for Arc 5 or 7. Or, vast majority of you.

I am not living under a rock. They have released arc 380. It sucks. Drivers suck. I am not in the market for any Arc cards. Intel has a lot of work to be done.

SOON =/= what you think it means.

they did miss that, or could perhaps released the cards with driver that doesn't work. After that, when asked, they just say "soon". I don't have a problem with that, neither should you. None of you is in the market for Arc 5 or 7. Or, vast majority of you.

If the price is right I'll be looking at purchasing the 770. And I have an issue with Intel's recent activities. Its OK to to have different opinions so you'll just have to be OK with people that don't agree with you.

Its going to take 2-3 hardware revs before they match NVIDIA memory efficiency. and the driver bugs will take just as long!

hope Intel doesn't mind losing money on these things for the next five years

If the price is right I'll be looking at purchasing the 770. And I have an issue with Intel's recent activities. Its OK to to have different opinions so you'll just have to be OK with people that don't agree with you.

I am not in the market because Intel has very few people working on drivers. As in, working on games compatibility. They seem more focused on RT (which is crazy when your GPU driver doesn't even support Counter Strike properly...) and marketing buzz words along with vapor ware and new technologies while the drivers crash in 99% of the existing games (there are millions of games..).
Supporting just the ones in current benchmarks, and not very well at that, is just not enough. Intel will sooner drop the whole project and loose half a billion than hire 100 more people for a year to work on drivers.

Hardware is not the issue, hardware is fine.

I am not in the market because Intel has very few people working on drivers. As in, working on games compatibility. They seem more focused on RT (which is crazy when your GPU driver doesn't even support Counter Strike properly...) and marketing buzz words along with vapor ware and new technologies while the drivers crash in 99% of the existing games (there are millions of games..).
Supporting just the ones in current benchmarks, and not very well at that, is just not enough. Intel will sooner drop the whole project and loose half a billion than hire 100 more people for a year to work on drivers.

Hardware is not the issue, hardware is fine.

There are insiders claiming hardware is not fine and that firmware/drivers won't be able to fix certain issues without a re-spin or even the next generation. Take that for what its worth I guess.

There are insiders claiming hardware is not fine and that firmware/drivers won't be able to fix certain issues without a re-spin or even the next generation. Take that for what its worth I guess.
I don't know. So far I have seen A380 and bunch of bugs in drivers. That's basically it. Stronger ARC cards have not yet been reviewed, publicly. I suspect it will be the same story, buggy unfinished drivers will stand in the way of properly drawing hardware conclusions, at least in my opinion.

I'm not calling it dead. But I am soo fed up of Intel's marketing campaign on this point. Everything everyday me is going of is what they are saying.

For me the only way to resolve it is release the cards and get set on improving them.
Did you watch either the GN or DF interviews with Tom?

Back