TechSpot

Intel strongly encouraging partners to develop touch-enabled Ultrabooks

By Shawn Knight
Apr 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Tablets may have a new competitor in the form of touch screen Ultrabooks. Intel is strongly encouraging manufacturers to implement touch technology in upcoming ultra portables that adhere to Ultrabook…

Read the whole story

2. No joke ?

Future is tablet - with keyboard !!!

3. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 516   +86

Isn't that just a laptop with a touch screen too >_>

4. spectrenad

spectrenad TS Rookie Posts: 81   +16

can be usefull when you don't have any flat surface for a mouse, like in a car.

5. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +151

Can anyone actually honestly say they prefer to use a touchscreen over a keyboard?

Maybe my fingers are fatter than average or something, but i cant use the blinking things without mistyping one or two words per sentence.

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,118   +723

You need swype, fimbles :) Remember also that touch screens will be improving soon. We saw a story not long ago on this site about a touch screen with almost no input delay.

Personally, i still have an ASUS eee pc netbook that works well enough for my 'internet from the couch' that I wouldn't buy a tablet, let alone a touch screen laptop.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.