Intermittent/random BSOD on Windows 7

Hey there,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a new self-built system and getting a blue screen at least once a day at seemingly random times. No error is given, but the BCCode given after startup is 7f.

I've also experienced hard locks without a blue screen. Those have tended to happen when I'm running Pro Tools and may very well be a separate issue.

In event viewer I noticed some paging errors on my firewire backup harddrive after each startup, I'm not sure if it's related to anything. Performed a CHKDSK on my main drive and everything came back clean.

I'm starting to worry that I have a bad memory module. After going in to reseat my memory, I realized I had installed the two DIMMs on the same channel. After moving one over I got an IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD.

I viewed the minidumps in WinDbg and realized I'd reached the limit of my computer knowledge. Now I'm giving it up to the internet to help solve my problem.

I use this computer for professional music production, so I really need a rock solid system. Hoping it's not the memory since I just missed the RMA deadline and can't be without a working computer for very long. You know... deadlines.

Help?

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom x6 1055T
2x4GB DDR3 G.Skill Ram
ASUS Nvidia GTS 8800

I forgot one thing. I've run Memory Diagnostic (standard) four times with no errors.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    171.9 KB · Views: 1
First, excellent system for what you do. Second, what happens when your firewire harddrive is not connected to your system? If not connected do the BSODs still continue?

I haven't tried disconnecting my firewire drives. However, I uninstalled Zone Alarm after reading of some people who had been having problems similar to mine. My system has appeared stable for the past couple days. I'll report back after testing some more.

I haven't tried disconnecting my firewire drives. However, I uninstalled Zone Alarm after reading of some people who had been having problems similar to mine. My system has appeared stable for the past couple days. I'll report back after testing some more.

Ah, yes, Zone Alarm. Many people who have come here have had issues with ZA regardless of the version. If you would like some better solutions just let us know.

Back