Internal speakers not showing on playback devices

Hi

I got my laptop last week and and yesterday the sound stopped working. The laptop is a ASUS G53SX: i7-2670QM 2,2 ghz. 8 GB RAM. GTX 560M.

I have tried to update/re-install the drivers without any luck. I have also tried system recovery and still no sound. The latest software that I have installed is Adobe Production premium 5.5 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I have checked the playback settings and the only device showing is Sony-tv 1. I also checked for deactivated and disconnected devices but still only Sony-tv.
Please help

go to asus support website and download sound/audio driver according to your laptop model and OS

Windows 7 sound mixer

You might not be aware of the quirks of the Windows 7 sound mixer. Check these things:

1) Right Click on the volume control in the Taskbar

2) If you click "Open Volume Mixer" you will see your Default Playback Device then all current open applications that are connected to your Default Playback Device.

3) It is possible for the volume of an application to be turned down or muted while the output of your computer is turned up all the way. Windows will also remember the volume of each application. All volume sliders should be turned up all the way.

4) Try playing audio in Windows Media Player. The media player is connecting to the device driver properly when time ticks by and the playback or visualizations work during playback.

If the Media Player just sits there when you press play there could be a bad driver situation.

5) Click "Open Volume Mixer" from the Volume control again. Click on the dropdown menu under "Device". Perhaps you have a digital output selected by mistake? While audio is playing try choosing different audio outputs until you hear sound.

There is more! Just let me know if you need the info. I became intimately aware of these details while working on the Bongiovi DPS audio enhancer software project. I haven't come across a PC audio issue I couldn't fix after that lol!

Back