TechSpot

Internet Arcade adds nearly 2,400 classic MS-DOS games, free to play in your browser

By Shawn Knight
Jan 6, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. The Internet Archive launched a campaign to preserve classic console games a little over a year ago. In that short amount of time, the non-profit digital library has amassed quite a collection of titles which are playable right in your...

Read more

2. Night Hacker

Night Hacker TS Enthusiast Posts: 125   +20

I prefer DOSBox so I can play them without being connected to anyone else. Like I did back then.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I played a lot of those titles back in the day but I wouldn't be interested in playing them nowadays, they're dead, let them go.

EClyde likes this.
  4. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie TS Booster Posts: 62   +29

I found it doesn't work very well, at least not with the games I tried. Some had really laggy, choppy sound and the older CGA games ran way too fast to play. I know it is beta but it needs a lot of work. I'd much rather just download them and play them in DOSbox where I can customize the settings to run properly.

5. Panda218

Panda218 TS Maniac Posts: 288   +105

I just spent about an hour of my night playing Q*bert thanks Techspot... Sound needs work, but no other issues.

A/V 1/10

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

Id never played a DOS game in my life, and I just went to play Oregon trail....thats the most fun ive had in a video game in a while. is that bad?

EClyde likes this.
  7. BadThad

BadThad TS Enthusiast Posts: 64   +28

Very cool....can't wait to try this out!

8. nickblame

nickblame TS Enthusiast Posts: 43

There's also arcadeflex that has arcade games and is in a Java applet (no choppy sound!)