TechSpot

Internet connection dropping

By zanazizzi
Dec 7, 2009
  1. Hi,
    My internet connection keeps dropping every so often- meaning i can not browse the web or use spotify- a music program but windows live messenger stays connected! I end up having to take the network cable out and plug it back in again!! Any ideas why?

2. lopdog

lopdog TS Maniac Posts: 295

I have more or less the same problem, no browsing, but Skype stays connected and working. I switch the wireless card off and on to solve the problem, and sometimes I even have to reboot the modem to get back online. I'd like to know if you find out why, and if there are any solutions.

3. zanazizzi

zanazizzi TS Rookie Topic Starter

Only difference is that i don't use wireless- i'm hardwired to the router! If you find out lopdog- be sure to let me know please

4. zanazizzi

zanazizzi TS Rookie Topic Starter

How often do u lose ur connection lopdog?

5. lopdog

lopdog TS Maniac Posts: 295

Sometimes it works for a week or more, and sometimes I lose it a few times a day. I don't know if there is any relation, but it often drops when I use Skype, and I think the connection is more stable when I exit Skype.

6. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 606

Sometimes this is due to ISP Supplier(problem on connection) I got that before

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.