Internet connection for Windows security only

pot1234Dreadlox

Hi Guys, hope this is the right forum... I have a W7 home professional sp 1 which has suddently lost internet connectivity, for any browser or program requiring updates via the internet....odd, but Windows Security Essentials seems to update but no joy for anything else. The network centre 'map' shows the machine is connected. I am pretty new at this, so any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance, DL

Hi Guys, hope this is the right forum... I have a W7 home professional sp 1 which has suddently lost internet connectivity, for any browser or program requiring updates via the internet....odd, but Windows Security Essentials seems to update but no joy for anything else. The network centre 'map' shows the machine is connected. I am pretty new at this, so any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance, DL
What happens when you click a browser to go online?
What browser(s) are you using?

Hi, thanks. Nothing happens, it says that it there is no internet connection. Have tried iexplorer (no internet connection) and firefox (no home page for google.com)... given that the computer is obviously connected (well, to Microsoft anyway) this is really strange.... would be a configuration issue? I am new to this so could it be a setting? thanks for your help, DL

Hi, thanks. Nothing happens, it says that it there is no internet connection. Have tried iexplorer (no internet connection) and firefox (no home page for google.com)... given that the computer is obviously connected (well, to Microsoft anyway) this is really strange.... would be a configuration issue? I am new to this so could it be a setting? thanks for your help, DL
Ok, launch iexplorer (I'm guessing you mean IE 9?) Click File in the very top left of the browser & in the drop down menu, is there a check on Work Offline? If so,UNcheck it. Do same with ALL browsers.
If no change,go back to IE & if you're given an option to check your settings,do such.

dodmn't have any joy...but decided to unclick iexplorere and then reinstall (all via Microsoft tab in Control\programs etc) and that has given me internet connection; but no program updates apart from Microsoft....very strange...

Go into your control panel to troubleshooting. Under troubleshooting you should fine . System and security. There you will find a repair for windows updates.

Thanks for the tip.... no joy... updates failed but now I have the blue screen of death, so I will post again in the Malware Forum with that problem.... Thank you for your help anyway. DL...:D

Back