Internet connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznn3rd

Recently, for some reason all my internet connections were limited to AOL, meaning the only way I can access the internet is through AOL. I cant use internet explorer, firefox, xfire, or anything else. i checked my firewall settings, but nothing seems to be wrong. What do you guys think the issue is?

The fundamental issue is that AOL is a menace.

To fix the short term issue -

1.Restart the computer a couple of times.

Or

2.Set up a new connection bypassing the AOL software.See HERE

Or

3.Remove dial up networking and network components.See HERE

Or

4.Uninstall all AOL software and get a good ISP,then never even mention AOL ever again,
except as a term of abuse.That`s the recommended solution.See HERE

Hi

Should you have any further problems, it is possible that you have a malware related infection. In such a case, do the following:

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps to cleaning your computer.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.
The logs will enable us to understand more about the problems on your system.

Good luck with the AOL-issue. =)

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

aznn3rd said:
Recently, for some reason all my internet connections were limited to AOL, meaning the only way I can access the internet is through AOL. I cant use internet explorer, firefox, xfire, or anything else.

I believe your trying to launch IE without first connecting to AOL :(

When you use a dial-up service like AOL, it manages the phone line,
making the connection, and loging into the ISP.

Once you have the connection, minimize the AOL window. Now that TCP is
active on the net, launching IE, Firefox, or any other Internet application will
proceed normally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back