Internet Connection Sharing with ADSL connection & crossover LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously my 2 computers (specs under profile) were networked successfully with a shared dial up connection showing up as the Internet Gateway on the second computer. After switching to Tiscali ADSL Tiscali shows up as the Internet Gateway and can be connected and disconnected successfully from the second computer, however, no connection can be made to the internet. The internet settings on the second computer under both Firefox and IE are set to Auto detect settings for network. (Note: AVG update doesn't work either from the second computer- does it take its connection settings from IE?) ICS is enabled in Network Connections.

Thanks in advance.

Tiscali put its proverbial foot into it, by not letting connect 2 PCs. Read the smallprint, then get rid of Tiscali while you still can. They are the worst ISP under the sun!

Before signing up I read in their FAQ that they allowed shared connections, but just wouldn't provide any support in setting one up.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/faq.html#faq16 said:
Can I connect more than one computer to the Internet with Tiscali Broadband?
Some operating systems such as Windows XP allow multiple users to share a single Internet connection. Tiscali does not provide technical assistance for networking your computers but does not prohibit connection sharing.

When re-reading that it sounds a little ambiguous-

-Can I connect more than one computer?
-XP allows multiple users...

That's false advertising if they mean mutliple users on one XP machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back