Internet constantly 'interrupted', but not losing connection?

This problem started yesterday, and as far as I know, I haven't changed anything on my laptop to warrant it.

I have an HP laptop running windows 7, about a 1 1/2 yrs old. My internet is being interrupted every 3-5 minutes, and it won't fix until I dis/reconnect or troubleshoot. This has happened both at mine and my girlfriend's house, on a Belkin and Netgear router. As far as I know, my xbox and desktop are not affected.

I have tried to renew IP in cmd, but it is "unable to contact DHCP server." I tried changing my router's channel, but it didn't fix. I scanned my pc with Avast, no viruses found.

This is driving me crazy.

So looks like you're having issues w/ your wireless adapter. Have you tried uninstalling it from Device Manager, then restart Windows and let it detect and reinstalling the drivers? Or updating the drivers, if newer ones are available?

My Atheros driver is up to date, the firmware for the router is up to date... As far as deleting the router from device manager, I can't find it.

I am now connected via my droid, I have wifi disabled, and I am still running into problems.
I just realized you meant delete the adapter, and will now do that.

Attachments

• CCXDiagnosticLog.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
Sorry about the long response time, but when I rebooted my pc to see if it picked up the driver, it went through a much needed disk check. I did redownload my drivers, but the problem seemed fixed before I even got around to that. Maybe it was the disk check?
My laptop had been saying it had a disk error for months, but would freeze up before ever checking the disk. If I tried to restore, it would tell me to check the disk. So I'd schedule a check and it'd just freeze up. But hopefully eveyrthing is fixed now. :]

Glad one problem is resolved. As for your HDD issue, try downloading a diagnostic tool from the drive's manufacturer. Most will offer a bootable form, where you burn the ISO to a CD, then boot the laptop w/ the CD.

Go into Device Manager and expand the list for Disk drives. Western Digital drive will start w/ "WD" and Seagate will be "ST". Or, shut down the laptop and take out the drive and get the info.

WD - http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=en

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=720bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

Whatever the error might be, now would be a good time to backup the important files from the laptop. Good luck.

Back