Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day

By wwecg
Oct 25, 2009
  1. Recently the internet on my computer started acting up. I have noticed a pattern with this, and it seems that it only happens during the day and I never experience it at all during the night. This leads me to believe it's not any type of hardware failure. Anyway, I'm using windows XP and have a Netgear WGT624 v3 router. My connection is wired, and none of the other 3 computers on the network have any problem connecting when my connection goes down. The only solutions I have found to the problem are restarting the computer or going to Control panel then network connections and right clicking Local Area Connection and pressing repair. After doing one of those 2 things to temporarily fix it, not too long after the connection will start disconnecting again. Also, the Local Area Connection status is Connected whenever I look at it when this happens. Also, I've scanned for viruses with avast a few times as well as Spybot Search & Destroy and haven't found anything wrong. I'd like some help in trying to find a solution to the problem. If you need any more info, let me know and I'll be glad to provide it for you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.