TechSpot

Internet Explorer 7 Tabs Error

By Mike_Gore
Oct 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I click to create a new tab a dialog box appears with a message, name:tabswelcome, unknown file type size:12.0 kb, from:ieframe.dll with two buttons below, with save and cancel. Its happens every second click of pressing the new tab(i.e. I press once new tabs opens as normally without error, on the second the aforementioned dialog box appears).

I have already tried resetting from the Internet options reset button. didn't work. Please don't tell me I need to reinstall. Is this a virus? I did try to open a file and norton antivirus auto-protect blocked it. Could it still could have caused damaged? I also have Spyware Doctor immunizer running? Or is it not virus related? How can I fix this?

Mike
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

If I had it with me, I'd remove Spyware Doctor and Norton fully
    I'd even run the Norton Removal Tool (even after it's supposedly removed)

Then install a Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

Then run a full scan, and have a chuckle at all the Viruses that Norton (pay for product) had missed, using a free product (that runs better!)

I'd suggest that

Also have a look here:
    Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions
  3. Mike_Gore

Mike_Gore TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

I downloaded and ran a scan using Avast and no viruses were found. I did however fix the problem. It turns out when spyware doctor is turned on with the immunizer caused this problem, since once I shutdown Spyware Doctor from the taskbar, the problem was immediately resolved.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.