TechSpot

Internet Explorer 7 Tabs Error

By Mike_Gore
Oct 20, 2008
  1. When I click to create a new tab a dialog box appears with a message, name:tabswelcome, unknown file type size:12.0 kb, from:ieframe.dll with two buttons below, with save and cancel. Its happens every second click of pressing the new tab(i.e. I press once new tabs opens as normally without error, on the second the aforementioned dialog box appears).

I have already tried resetting from the Internet options reset button. didn't work. Please don't tell me I need to reinstall. Is this a virus? I did try to open a file and norton antivirus auto-protect blocked it. Could it still could have caused damaged? I also have Spyware Doctor immunizer running? Or is it not virus related? How can I fix this?

Mike

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

If I had it with me, I'd remove Spyware Doctor and Norton fully
    I'd even run the Norton Removal Tool (even after it's supposedly removed)

Then install a Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

Then run a full scan, and have a chuckle at all the Viruses that Norton (pay for product) had missed, using a free product (that runs better!)

I'd suggest that

Also have a look here:
    Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

3. Mike_Gore

Mike_Gore TS Rookie Topic Starter

I downloaded and ran a scan using Avast and no viruses were found. I did however fix the problem. It turns out when spyware doctor is turned on with the immunizer caused this problem, since once I shutdown Spyware Doctor from the taskbar, the problem was immediately resolved.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.