Internet Explorer 8 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

Ok, this is getting SUPER annoying. I frequently have 5 or more tabs open at the same time and I close an open new ones often. This never started happening to me until IE8 on Windows 7 (unfortunately I didn't get IE8 on Windows Vista, so I don't know if it happened there, too). I'm using both x86 and x64 versions of IE.

When I close a tab. Internet Explorer pops up with a little error dialog stating that "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close." No such error has occured and IE doesn't close, but those error windows won't go away until I click "Cancel" or "Close Program" (clicking Close Program doesn't actually close IE, either.) The annoying part is that there hasn't ben an error, all I did was close a perfectly working tab.

It also happens sometimes when I click a link that opens a popup window, IE will give me the same error and then put the popup window's location back at about:blank, and there's no history, so I can't go back to the actual content. Sometimes it takes 5-10 tries to get the window to stay open when I tell it to.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's really frustrating me quite a bit, I have 2 monitors and my IE is in the right one while the error opos up in the left one, so I have to look back and forth every time it opens, it's hurting my neck, making me dizzy, and just driving me crazy!

Knick on wood, that seems to have fixed it. I've closed multiple tabs now and haven't gotten that stupid error. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back