TechSpot

Internet Explorer 9 hits RTM

By Emil
Mar 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft this week reportedly signed off the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build of Internet Explorer 9. The RTM build is 9.00.8112.16421.110308-0330, meaning it was compiled on March 8, 2011 at 3:30 AM, according to Windows 8 Beta.

Read the whole story

2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

Oh yes they will.
    There is; Opera, Firefox & Chrome available as upgrade paths
    The former two are still available for Windows 2000 aswell ;)

3. yes but Win2k is soooooooooooo old xD
    ffs who would use that anymore? :O O.o if so; they should be arrs f'ck by steve ballmer xD

4. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

Where is the leak?

5. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 638   +127

Funny how the IE9 RTM is released just days after Mozzila manage to push out its Firefox 4 RC

6. Why is it funny. The IE9 RC came out at least a month before Firefox's RC, and Firefox 4 is still a buggy piece of crap. The IE9 RC came out because it's ready.

7. s00r

Whatever you say.

8. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I can just imagine all the IE9 developers fist pumpin' during the unveiling :)

9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

I have already said my good byes to XP and Opera, so it doesn't bother me which platform is not supported. Although XP still has large presence at workplace so for them Per's recommendation holds true. Generally this is a nice upgrade (after many years at that), except for couple of minor issues like wastage of space at the title bar.

10. LightHeart

LightHeart TS Rookie Posts: 155

I've tested a few IE9 betas and I'm not crazy about IE9, I'll see if the RTM is any better. I have had quite a few sites that do not work properly. The speed is no better than any other browser. I don't like the UI. The only reason I'm using it at all is for my job.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.