Internet Explorer and Firefox can not connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to repair Windows XP. I removed Service Pack 2, did the repair, and reloaded Service Pack 2 and all of the other updates that had been removed.

The repair was successful, however Internet Explorer and Firefox would not connect to the Internet. I found that the only way to download Service Pack 2 was to go to Network Neighborhood and select Favorites. This allowed Internet Explorer to go to the Windows Update Page. Windows Explorer works fine in this mode until a new page in a new window is requested.

Outlook, Outlook Express, Norton Anti-Virus, Quicken, and NoAdWare all access the Internet and work fine.

I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it but that did not solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

So you are saying your internet works just not with those browsers?

I had service pack 2 on an older pc and it was annoyiing the hell outa me so I un-installed it. Shortly afterwards I was forced to re-install my modem, graphics card and printer drivers as they had been partially corrupted and had gone missing.
Try re-installing your modem drivers. Check your device manager for any errors aswell.

Explorer and Outlook Express Problem

Yesterday morning when I booted up to start working and checked my mail, I found that if I hit "reply" or try to make a new email, the program just disappears in a flash. On explorer, I can go to general pages, such as netflix, but I cannot go to a page that has a search feature such as google or yahoo. I also cannot download any fixes or updates from Microsoft, although I can go to the page. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back