Internet explorer cannot display the web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmouser

I am soooo tired of this message. I have Windows xp, media center 2002, norton 360, webroot spysweeper. Even with spysweeper and norton disabled, I still get the message intermittently. Sometimes, repeating the search works, but not always.
Can someone please help?
msmouser

"Internet explorer cannot display the web page"

More reasons than I can count could cause this. There should be more to the message. Since it's intermittent, you can do two things:
1. Note if it's the same site or note if it's the same 'type' of site, like a secure site- it could be the IE phishing filter preventing the loading.
2. Check the Event Viewer for the Error that shows at the same time you get the message:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click on System and Apps, one at a time, and look for Errors> right click on the Error> Properties> click on the Copy icon on the right, below the down arrow> Paste here (Ctrl V)
You do not need to include the lines of code in box below the Description. Ignore Warnings and Information events.

" Even with spysweeper and norton disabled,"- this is akin to standing on your front porch and saying "Malware, come get me"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back