Internet Explorer download probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

markgibson312

Hi from a newbie.

I want to upgrade my laptop running IE5 to IE6, so I can connect directly to my broadband router for internet access. As I no longer have the dial up connection the laptop used to use, I cannot at present connect to the internet using the laptop. So i have tried to download IE6 onto my usb pen drive using my desktop pc running IE7 and Vista. The trouble is when I download the file IE6 setup, the dsktop pc stops the download as I have a newer version of IE already installed on the desktop pc.

How can I download the full version of IE6 onto my pen drive, so I can install it straight onto the laptop?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks CCT, This only downloads the IE6 setup program, which you then have to run to download the main program from the internet, which is half the problem. If I run it on my vista pc, I get an error message saying that I have a newer version already installed, and the download stops. If I run it on the laptop, i don't have an internet connection to download it.
Any further ideas?

Thanks Kimsland.

I was advised by a software company to download IE6 first, then IE7 if needed. My laptop runs windows 2000, so I'm unsure whether it is compatible with IE7 anyway. Will try that link, thanks.

Someone else suggested that link last night, and it didn't work, because I have to run this on my desktop pc running vista. When I try to run IE6 setup, it flags up that I already have a newer version installed, and the download cancels. I can't download from the laptop because I can't make an internet connection on it until I resolve this problem.......

I can't download the stupid thing using:
"C:\Download\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""C:\Download\ie6setup.exe"""

Assuming IE6Setup.exe is in C:\Download

It says no Internet connection for me too

I'm still looking for the full package (from a reasonable site)

Many thanks Kimsland, Bingo!

just have to set up the broadband now!

Yes but this thread "Internet Explorer download probs" is solved :)
Actually you can continue on. But ideally create a new thread for any further help.

Thanks for the update too :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back