Internet Explorer hit by zero-day exploit, temporary fix issued

By Leeky
Sep 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is urging users of Internet Explorer to download a free security tool, enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), as an interim measure against a previously unknown zero-day exploit in its web browser software that is under active malware attack by hackers.

Read more
  2. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

Oh no disconnect puters from internet problem solved..
    :)
  3. How could this be? I mean I've seen all those Microsoft comercials showing how great Internet Explorer is.
  4. NoNamesLeft

NoNamesLeft Newcomer, in training

Can someone explain to me why browsers are not placed in a virtual machine like layer? So when someone breaks out of IE, they only get into a fake computer that has no access to any thing.
  5. Two words: System Resources.
    Teko03 likes this.
  6. klepto_chris

klepto_chris Newcomer, in training

Why didn't they just release an emergency patch via MS update?
  7. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

SO youre telling us that yet again MS has released a product that is flawed. How does this happen? I mean dont they quality test their own product? Or hand it over to some paid hackers and let them tear into it? That seems the least they could do. If some enterprising hacker can find this, why didnt the ppl who made it?
  8. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195   +18

Tygerstrike: This error has been there since IE 6.0 and WinXP and was just now discovered. That tells me it wasn't an obvious or easy hack.
    EEatGDL likes this.
  9. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TechSpot Booster Posts: 267   +47

Yep, totally agree with Tanstar, I thought the same thing; something must have been done very well on IE 10.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.