Inactive Internet explorer keeps popping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, my Internet Explorer keeps popping ads out and I downloaded ad-aware to clean the adwares but it seems that even after performing the scan and quarantining all of it, it is still popping up. Then I refer to this post https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic99369.html to which I did not exactly uninstall my Internet Explorer. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Here is a hijackthis log

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9 KB · Views: 1
Normally, we don't screen with HijackThis. But see that your hosts files have been hijacked, so do this first please:

You will need to do a DNS Flush, then reset your router.
Start> Run> type cmd> enter> at the C prompt type ipconfig /flushdns (note space before the /)

Exit the Command prompt when finished and shut the system down.-

• [1]. Shut down your computer, and any other computer connected to your router.
    [2]. On the back of the router, there should be a small hole or button labelled RESET. Using a bent paper clip or similar item, hold that in continuously for twenty seconds.
    [3]. Unplug the router. Wait sixty seconds.
    [4].Now holding again the reset button, plug it back in. Continue holding the reset button for twenty seconds. Unplug the router again.
    [5].With the router unplugged, start your computer.
    [6].Connect to the router again. The turn the router back on.
    [7].When it stabilizes, reboot your workstation and try to access the internet. If you have any issues, access the Router configuration page and re-enter your authentication information.
    [8]. Reboot the system and test the internet. You may have to reconfigure the router settings based on your setup.
===============================
What that is complete, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back