Internet Explorer not allowing me to close it when I visit Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

I have absolutely no idea why, but everytime I visit Youtube, when I try to close the tab that I had youtube opened in, it won't close. I can't close th window or that tab, I have to kill the process in the task manager, which is really annoying to have to do. I know that Flash isn't 100% compatible with 64 bit OS's but seriously, I've never heard of this problem before, and never had it myself, in the year that I've been using x64.

Has anyone else here had this problem and know how to fix it?

Btw, when I try to close it it gives me the Windows "default beep" sound.

The video will play as normal as will all other flash movies, but it usually won't let me go to another page using that tab. If I've got multiple tabs opened and one of them does this, only that tab won't work, the rest will continue to operate as normal. If I click the red X to close the actual window all tabs except the one that's messing up will close and it will make the same sound.

My recommendation would be not to use IE for this purpose, but I guess that defeats the point of your original post. Which version of IE are you using?

IE 7, but I had a problem with IE 8 that was even worse. Everytime I'd go to any youtube page IE would "pretend" to fail, then "pretend" to restart, which it wouldn't, it'd just refresh all my pages, which caused me to lose information a lot of times.

It would say it was going to restart, then I'd click cancel, and it would be like "of, restarting, restoring your tabs" but it wouldn't, it'd just refresh them.

I believe it means that it would restart IE, not Windows (unless you already know that, in which case I am still misunderstanding).

To confirm, this only happens on YouTube, and not on any other sites? Has anything else weird happened with flash?

It happens on Myspace as well, sometimes. I haven't ever been able to figure out exactly what causes it to happen, it just sometimes happens and sometimes it doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back