Internet Explorer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

I always seem to have some sort of problem...but thats why I always come back to this web site. My problem this time is, for the last couple days, when I try to go to certain webpages..or even hit the Next button when doing a search on yahoo, IE6 has that annoying page that says The Page Cannot be Found....I'm on the computer with the problem right now, It happens on numerous we pages and is keeping me from doing some work i need to do, could someone reply with some way to maybe fix this?:eek:

sounds like the web-builders(or sorry excuse for them) at yahoo are the ones at fault. I went to the page and it puts the same stuff in front of the url on mine as well. Any of the navigation links turn up a "page not found" error.

BTW, I also tried it on one of my other machines which doesn't have FrontPage installed on it just for good measure. Got the same thing.

I don't know about your other problem pages but I'd say either this is Yahoo's problem or else we both have the same problem.

lol....that's funny, I think I'll write an email to yahoo's tech support so maybe they'll fix it:grinthumb ..That's kinda funny though, I'd think they would have noticed by now though, cause it was like that last night:p

Oh and I fixed my other problem..:eek:

StormBringer, are you running WinXP, and is your friend? I think maybe one of the Windows XP update has messed with IE6, cause I am fully up to date and I get that error, and you get the error, but I got on my parents pc which is running WinME, and no problem, it goes straight to any of the navigation links....

Maybe a few other people could try going to Yahoo and checking it out to see if they have the same problem?

Have tried it on 6 different different machines. ON 2 of them, I cannot access the sites (and many of the ads on web pages come up blank, including this site) and on the other 4 machines I no problems at all.

I sent a note to Yahoo support and got the following reply:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Real Estate.

We're sorry, but we were unable to duplicate the problem you
experienced. It may be related to your Internet connection, or perhaps an incorrect setting on your browser.

IN the process of writing back, but who knows what they'll say.

GREAT NEWS!!!

It's not a browser problem. I did some more checking and it turns out that it's all Kaza Lite's fault.

I found some posts that identified the problem. Kaza Lite includes rd.yahoo.com and a number of others in it's Hosts file. Go into the Hosts file and comments out those lines and the site works fine.

Hope this helps everyone else. I'm so glad to have it fixed, it's been driving me nuts for weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back