Internet Explorer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im not really "good" with computers so if this dont sound helpful please ask.

But when i enter task manager i have 2 iexplore.exe running, while internet explorer is up 1 of them takes a huge amount of CPU and memory while the other is just normal... i close the high memory process and it instantly reopens and internet explorer doesnt close at all... but if i close the other one both processes disappear.

I did use firefox for awhile and this happened, so i installed it successfully and everything and it started to happen to internet explorer! i have done a norton scan and a malwarebytes anti-malware scan and found nothing.

Is there anyone i can do to sort this out? its annoying and if i have a virus of any description i want it gone!

An FYI for you: it is possible to show multiple processes of iexprlore.exe is you launch IE multiple times. The explanation is: If you have IE open, even if it's minimized on the Taskbar and you want to go to a different site, you should bring up the IE Window on the Taskbar and go to the other site from there.
IF instead, you click on another shortcut for IE and launch is "again", you will see another iexplore.exe/ process in the Task Manager. And if you do the same thing again, you will see "another" iexplore.exe.

What I am telling you is that it is possible to have multiple processes for the same browser if you launch the same browser multiple times. To eliminate that possibility, be sure you only launch IE "once".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back