Internet Explorer Script errors w/ no data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys and Gals,

I hope your day has been better than the last few I've had,

Heres the problem:
When I start my 'puter, I get all these Internet explorer script errors that have no data; the headings are there(Line,char, etc. etc.), but theres no information. These appear to be generated by my Anti-Virus program(McAfee) @startup( as well, these programs don't load properly). This problem also appears to happen with some web pages(although only when I click the error icon in the corner of the window); moreover, if I try system restore, the window opens and I get nothing but a blank box. I bought a new AV disk(McAfee), when I tried to install it I got the same thing; system information is out, and windows help appears to be missing a file and won't work!

I'm usually pretty good with these things but, this one has me stumped! I've begun the cleaning process and am looking for a little direction here. Attached is the hijack log; any counsel will be most appreciated!

JimtheGunman

P.S couldn't find where to attach hijack log it says attach files but no link or button?!

--Many of the truths we cling to only hold true from a certain point of view--Obi-Wan Kenobi

Howard,

I've done that. I scroll down, come to a table titled post icons. Underneath two buttons submit reply and preview post; further below in the Additional Options section, there is a heading called attach files but that only tells me what type of files to attach, and again two buttons at the bottom of the section, same as previous. If the button that is refered to is indicated by the paperclip icon... that button doesn't work; not for me, none of them do.
I mention these things because I believe they are related. If this button is is controlled by, or uses a script or an ActiveX Control it might not work; some do, some don't. Some webpages don't have a problem; others, show an error (the little ! in the corner). This reply page has one on it now. If I click that icon I will get a msg box titled Internet Explorer Script Error; this msg box wil have all the headings you expect to find(Line, Char, Expected, etc., etc.) and absolutly no data. If I click either the yes or no(dosen't matter) buttons, nothing happens; I don't know if that is because there is a problem w/ the button, or because there are so many stacked on top of each other, like a deck of cards(anyone for 52 pickup?). The only way to ever clear them is to hold Alt + F4 until they all close.

Update:

AVG found nothing
SSD found nothing

If I seem a little edgy it's because I've been wrestling with this for a number of days and now it seems this will persist in standing in the way of its own demise.

JimtheGunman
--Peace is a lie. There is only passion.--Code of the Sith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back