TechSpot

Internet explorer wallpaper

By edmundtran
Feb 20, 2005
  1. Probably a stupid question, but i spent ages looking... where is the internet explorer wallpaper located?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

IE wallpaper?

Do you mean the image behind the toolbar buttons? Or the default homepage?
    Or maybe you mean the Windows desktop wallpaper?

3. edmundtran

edmundtran TS Rookie Topic Starter

I mean the desktop wallpaper, which you can get from internet explorer, but just out of interest, where is the image behind the toolbar?

4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Right click on your desktop, go to properties, and then desktop. You shoud find what you are looking for there.

5. edmundtran

I know how to set the desktop, but where is the actual image file located for internet explorer wallpaper?

6. olefarte

Sorry I guess I don't understand. If you are looking for the location of the pics that come with Windows, look in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper, or do a search for it. If you are looking for something you downloaded with Inernet Explorer, maybe look in My Pictures or My Documents, or wherever you specified? Sorry I can't be more help, I'm just not sure if I understand what you are looking for.

7. Lunatic

Lunatic TS Rookie Posts: 49

This is where I found mine.
    C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    The only time you will find it is if it is in the wallpaper list. If it is not there do a search for "internet explorer wallpaper"

I would also like to know where the image behind the toolbar is, if ya dont mind.

8. olefarte

C:\Documents and Settings\~yourname~\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

9. edmundtran

thanks for that edit, could anyone also tell me where the image behind the toolbar is?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.