Internet explorer will not respond

By Darrenbilly
Oct 12, 2007
  1. Hi! Over the past few days, internet explorer decided not to connect. Msn and other internet dependant services but i got the can not could screen when trying to browse the web. I reinstalled it and got firefox, both worked fine. Then again today they both stopped working. I put my wireless router back to its factory settings and it worked. Anyone know the problem here? The network has a password set by me. And has worked up until now. Help please?

Thanks in advance
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

It sounds like you may have a malware problem.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)
  3. Darrenbilly

Darrenbilly TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 161

HJT log

Hey Howard thanks for the quick response. Just so you know i have run a bitdefender online scan, an offline one and a S&D scan. Here is the HJT. When i checked it i saw no problems

View attachment 23182
  4. howard_hopkinso

Nope, no problems there. However, you`re running an outdated version of HJT.

5. Darrenbilly

Darrenbilly TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 161

What now? Another hjt?

This is the log with the latest version of HJT. Again no problems. Any help from here?
  6. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

I can't find any problems with you HJT log.

You downloaded the latest updates for IE from the microsoft site?

Regards Jase :)
  7. howard_hopkinso

You`re correct, no problems there.

It may be that some of your network settings have gone astray. However, I know bugger all about networking, so I`ll leave that to those that do.

The only other thing I can possibly think of, is your Winsock settings need repairing.

With that in mind, please do the following and see if it helps.

1.) Download (by: Option^Explicit)
    2.) UnZip (Pay close attention to where the file is extracted to.)
    3.) Run WinsockFix.exe.
    4.) Click the Fix button.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.