Internet explorer will not respond

By Darrenbilly
Oct 12, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! Over the past few days, internet explorer decided not to connect. Msn and other internet dependant services but i got the can not could screen when trying to browse the web. I reinstalled it and got firefox, both worked fine. Then again today they both stopped working. I put my wireless router back to its factory settings and it worked. Anyone know the problem here? The network has a password set by me. And has worked up until now. Help please?

Thanks in advance
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

It sounds like you may have a malware problem.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)
  3. Darrenbilly

Darrenbilly TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 186

HJT log

Hey Howard thanks for the quick response. Just so you know i have run a bitdefender online scan, an offline one and a S&D scan. Here is the HJT. When i checked it i saw no problems

View attachment 23182
  4. howard_hopkinso

Nope, no problems there. However, you`re running an outdated version of HJT.

5. Darrenbilly

Darrenbilly TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 186

What now? Another hjt?

This is the log with the latest version of HJT. Again no problems. Any help from here?
  6. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,122

I can't find any problems with you HJT log.

You downloaded the latest updates for IE from the microsoft site?

Regards Jase :)
  7. howard_hopkinso

You`re correct, no problems there.

It may be that some of your network settings have gone astray. However, I know bugger all about networking, so I`ll leave that to those that do.

The only other thing I can possibly think of, is your Winsock settings need repairing.

With that in mind, please do the following and see if it helps.

1.) Download WinsockFix.zip. (by: Option^Explicit)
    2.) UnZip WinsockFix.zip (Pay close attention to where the file is extracted to.)
    3.) Run WinsockFix.exe.
    4.) Click the Fix button.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.