Internet Issue With Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, and I'm having a problem with the internet. I just got it out of repair today because the screen wouldn't turn on, but the computer would run. But anways the problem is that my internet is disconnecting randomly, and then it says that there is no wireless networks avalible. So I have to restart my computer and then my internet works again and I can connect to my router.

Anyone help me?

There are several possible reasons (one of which is just a hardware problem with your adapter) but don't fear the worst yet...

For more specific help you need to post more specifics about your system configuration (you can add it to your system specs portion of your TechSpot profile) especially things like the make/model of your laptop;s wireless adapter, the laptop operating system and your router's make/model.

You click on the link for this other thread for info on a tool to extract all the spec info.

But as to far as general suggestions, i'd advise you check the Toshiba website under Support look for your laptop model and look under Downloads and Drivers to see if there's a newer driver for your wireless card.

Do you know if the problem is unique to your router or have tried other routers? You might also download something like Network Stumbler which reports on all the wireless networks it can pick up thru your adapter. See if it has a problem getting a good signal (for example) from your router vs. seems to be getting other routers broadcasting other networks but just fine.

Well actually at hasn't done it since earlier today, so I guess something was just not working IDK? lol. Thanks anways man, appriciate it.

np... but is always worthwhile checking the Toshiba website (even if just once a year) to see the drivers and software updates that apply to your laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back