TechSpot

Internet issues, please help me

By mychemfreak246
May 11, 2009
  1. I have a very limited amount of knowledge in computers so please be blunt and clear. I have a talktalk modem and it has this problem where it just disconnets with the internet for no reason whatsoever (usually when i'm on msn messenger). I don't know what's wrong, but it just goes out. The worse times are when it comes on for 2 minutes then it goes out, so i have to reboot it nd it'll go out again, but there are times when it lasts for HOURS. All the way into the night.

It's pretty random and i was just wondering if there's anything i can do about it. I'm pretty sure it's not a malware problem because it was like that since i connected it (and yes, it is connected properly, it's got nothing to do with the wires). Help me please? pretty please?

2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Does the modem only disconnect while you are on MSN? I have heard of that sort of thing happening before, and I regret to say that I have never found a solution, except to not use MSN, or use only Web Messenger.

If the modem disconnects even when you are not using MSN (even when MSN isn't even running) then are there any other programs that you use that seem to "trigger" the disconnects?

3. mychemfreak246

mychemfreak246 TS Rookie Topic Starter

No, there aren't any triggers. It just happens, but i noticed it is mostly when i'm on msn and playing perfect world (an MMORPG or whatev its called).
    But no, i don't think it's because of that. It's working pretty well at the moment though and my msn is running fine.

Any other ideas?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.