Internet Issues

Hi there, my name in Mark, Over the past few days my whole internet randomly cuts off and goes back on, as if its being hit offline. I have ran through the forums and have checkout out the firewall and even done multiple virus scans and everything is coming up clear. I have a Virgin Media Superhub so its a combination modem and router. I have messed around with a few settings on the router itself. Im really struggling as I contacted my internet provider and they said they have no problem on their end. They also reset my router on a high frequency but I am still having the same issue. After having looked over multiple forums and videos and browsing through google. This issue will not resolve. It seems to occur more often when I try to run online gaming through my xbox one but it has happened a few times when the only thing that is on is my pc. I have a gaming pc and im not sure what other information you guys need. Any help would be amazing and to kick whatevers butt is annoying my internet.!

Log into the router and find the setting MTU. It usually defaults to 1500 but that allows something called packet fragmentation. Change it to 1492 and it will stop that.

Ive also been getting these errors in my network log:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=a0:21:b7:2a:2c:cc;CMTS-MAC=60:73:5c:72:54:cc;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=a0:21:b7:2a:2c:cc;CMTS-MAC=60:73:5c:72:54:cc;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=a0:21:b7:2a:2c:cc;CMTS-MAC=60:73:5c:72:54:cc;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

That's a dual band (2.4 &5Ghz) wifi router with Full DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem.
  1. how many devices are connecting to it?
  2. can you correlate the problems to being predominately associated with one program?
  3. be sure to check the strength of both bands using inSSIDer
Get a copy of inSSIDer and look for other nearby stations using the same channel as yours - - obviously move yours to an unused channel OR so that yours overlaps the weakest neighbors.

If you have sufficient signal AND your pc has wifi 802.11ac (that's dual band with 5ghz capability), move your configuration to the 802.11a 5ghz. The issue will be shorter distance between the router and the pc/devices.

Back