Internet not works when download torrent by utorrent client

Status
Not open for further replies.

KANNAN1978

Iam using Utorrent client, While downloading torrents the internet not works, that means I could not connect to other sites.But the utorrent works fine.
Any one help me the solutions.
OS is Windows XP.
Linksys Router.

It's usually a firewall issue

Test by turning off any personal firewall (some have right click tray icon->exit)

I'm always bothered by that approach. :(

Here's a comment re Vista Torrents

Here's a test tool to verify the port is open and forwarded properly

And some comments from Guide
  • # Home Router
    If you are running a router (sometimes called wireless access point) at home, you will have to configure it to route all TCP / UDP BitTorrent traffic to port 55641 to your computer. If so, visit this page for a guide on how to port forward. Click the router you are using and follow instructions.
  • # Personal Firewall
    If you are running a firewall software such as Norton Internet Security, Norton Personal Firewall, ZoneAlarm, etc, then configure your firewall such that uTorrent has access to port 55641. This is normally accomplished by starting up utorrent. The firewall should spring up an access alert. Simply select the option to "Always Allow" to allow the program to access the Internet. Messages such as "utorrent wants to act as a server" must be allowed as well. In fact, if the program in question is utorrent, you should always check "Allow" no matter what request it is.

Thank you.

I have tried these setting. Internet is works well.Still iam not able to optimize the utorrent setting to get high down load rating.

What ISP are you using? Several are actively controlling torrent downloads!

Corporal jobeard, serial # abcd-zzz and that's all you get from me (teasing).

I would expect the DoD to fully control, monitor and otherwise ensure network bandwidth was used uniformly across all users, ie: Torrents would be fully restricter.

Your mileage vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back