Internet on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwillis

I've been having some trouble with my internet...

most of the time as of maybe a week ago it's like my internet will just completely turn off for about 3-4 minutes at a time. when I open firefox, my homepage won't load and i have to keep refreshing it for several minutes until it does. also, in steam the server list won't refresh. i just moved into a dorm room, so that may have something to do with it as this didn't happen before. however, I don't know how that could effect it in that particular way. I changed my network adapter settings to 100mpbs full duplex from auto negotiate; I don't really know what that means but it didn't help.

my roommate's internet is fine.

help!

Thanks

well a few weeks ago i got several trojan downloaders by unziping the wrong file but i followed the instructions on this forum, downloaded piles of scanners and ran them until i was sure nothing was left. i guess i could do that again... but what a pain that would be

haha true

and funny that we're talking about that because i've been following the instruction sticky for virus removal... and I've already found hundreds almost thousands of trojans.

so... good advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back