Internet over Wifi bridge to TV

I bought an AKORD - Nexx 3020H Wirelss 300mbps travel router - very nice.

I have an Humax Freeview Box and a Satellite box which require an ethernet cable to connect to the internet.

I already have 2 Homeplugs in use so this neat little router was bought to use as a bridge from my main Wifi router to the Freeview box via an ethernet cable output which the mini router has. the trouble is if I connect to the Nexx wifi signal it does not also provide Internet access. Well I think it is supposed to but I can't work out how.

It has 4 modes:
*Wifi repeater
*Hotel (AP mode)
*Wifi NAS
*Home and Dorm - DHCP, Static IP and PPPoE

I used Wifi repeater. I want the Freeview box to use the Nexx router to connect to the internet! No clear idea what I am doing or how to get to the next step. I can access the Wifi on m PC folder via the Nexx (from my tablet) so it is working, but just not the internet.

Or do I need to use another mode?

It was really complicated!

1. From your PCs Ethernet Connection window, note the Connection Details - usually IPv4. These will be the settings to connect to your Main Router that you normally use to access the Internet.
You will use these same IP settings on the Nexx to enable it to also connect to the router and connect to the Internet.
On my system my main PC was connected to my usual Network while my Nexx was was seen as another Wifi device.
I found it easier to use my phone or tablet pc to connect to the Nexx router configuration menus: my tablet automatically connected to my Home router so I had to select the Nexx instead to access its menus.
2 Once connected to the Nexx enter http://192.168.8.1 into your browser window to see the menus. Remember that every time you change the configuration it will disconnect and you might have to select it again as your Wifi source.
3. I used the Home and Dorm menu to enter the IP addresses previously noted. Make sure the Security settings are DISABLED. I don't know why but it works like that.
4. Then In the Wifi Repeater menu find your normal Home Router in the list and connect to it. The little Nexx box is now connected to your Wifi Router to access the internet but is still seen as a separate router and repeater.
5. Connect an ethernet cable from the Nexx to the Freeview box or TV ethernet connector and it now thinks it is connect to a Wired system instead of Wifi.
I could watch Youtube or Iplayer for example via my Freeview box without stutter and do updates over the Internet. Using Youview I can now access all the Internet content

Well - - that's interesting but CERTAINLY contrary to File/Print Sharing. Your Firewall should be running in Home to allow sharing between systems. Remember, that we have been using sharing for decades before smartphones and they were/still are not required to make this all work.

I'll not bug you further - - if you're happy, I'll let it all go.

Back