Internet Problem!!!!

By saikishan
Mar 18, 2007
  1. Hi guyz!!
    Unfortunately I have a internet probem...I cant use the internet, but im using my laptop (thank GOD!!). I talked with my ISP and the guy ran some tests and made me enter ipconfig/renew and it said "The RPC Client is unavailable." He told me to enter that in google with the article ID 22440, but I got some weird results, u guyz are my only hope!!!

PLease Help!!!

2. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook TS Rookie Posts: 320

Please give us some more info, such as what type of connection (wired or wireless), how long you have been having this problem, and kind of connection information/errors.
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,158   +599

YES, RPC client is required. use cp->Admin Tools->Services to enable and
    autostart it
  4. saikishan

saikishan TS Rookie Topic Starter

This problem has been present since a week.. I tried ipconfig/renew and it outputed:

Windows IP Configuration

An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection 5: The RPC server is unavailable.

I have a DSL modem.. In IE and firefox, it says, "Problem displaying page."

Please resolve this problem... I cant even use System restore now...:C

Thanks for the effort!
  5. gavinseabrook

check in your services.msc. (Start>Run>"Services.msc"). Check your services to see if it is turned on.
  6. saikishan

saikishan TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did... it says its started but no change! Please do you guys have other solutions??

Thanks for the effort!
  7. gavinseabrook

Check your event viewer (Start>control Panel>Administrative tools>Event Viewer) under the system tab. See if there are errors related to tcpip and post the EVENT ID, SOURCE, and Description here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.