TechSpot

Internet problems on my Lenovo

1. Hello, yesterday I was using my computer and I shut it off. When I came back a few hours later, the wifi couldn't connect, and, unlike most times life this, it displayed an ethernet symbol with a red 'x' opposed to the normal wireless symbol with an 'x'. My computer stopped connecting to any wireless, though works fine with ethernet.

It is a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 8

I've tried rebooting (I'm clueless, but not that clueless), updating the OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the computer's drivers along with some more far-fetched stuff (I got desperate) such as removing the battery, waiting a few hours, and plugging it back in, but nothing has worked.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing, thanks!
  2. nipherstudent

nipherstudent TS Rookie Topic Starter

That doesn't seem to be the problem, the adapter is enabled and the computer is not in airplane mode
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,408   +314

What computer? Airplane mode is for iPads and iPhones.
  4. nipherstudent

A Lenovo Ideapad. Fn + F5 toggles all Bluetooth and Wireless activities, dubbed 'Airplane mode' by my computer.
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,235   +232

Is there by chance a switch you might of accidently switched off? If so, check it out .
  6. nipherstudent

No, my laptop doesn't have a WiFi switch.
  7. nipherstudent

An Intel Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2200
  8. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,235   +232

9. nipherstudent

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.