Internet problems with CS:Source

Hello! I've got proplem with internet connection in CS:S. I start the game normally and try to find servers, but none of the server are not responding... I don't know what to do. My Windows firewall is not blocking the hl2.exe, i checked it. I even try to disable the firewall but still no luck.

I'm only using "avast antivirus" without a firewall, only the Windows own firewall. I'm hopeless, and i dont know what to do..
Help please.

Do you use a router? You may need to do some port forwarding magic! If you don't know how I believe there is a guide here on the forums. I can't find it atm but I'll look for it and post a link when I find it.

Hey Eduski. I used to have the same problem and after port forwarding it did work. Check out this page, it shows you what ports to forward :)

I cant seem to post links but do check out portforward.com/cports.htm and it should be there if you scroll down

Hey Eduski. I used to have the same problem and after port forwarding it did work. Check out this page, it shows you what ports to forward :)

I cant seem to post links but do check out portforward.com/cports.htm and it should be there if you scroll down

Thanks !

If you're using a router, try putting your computer in the dmz in the security or firewall section of the router's screens, since lots of routers ignore port forwarding commands. You'll have to make your computer's ip static in the router, an address like 192.168.1.101. You usually enter the mac address of the computer to do that or the computer name. You don't need all this static stuff (or port forwarding stuff) to test it, just try the dmz first.

Back