Internet Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prevously installed windows xp on my computer and my computer was working fine until 2 days ago at first i though it was my internet provider that was having some kind of difficulties but i am still having problem going to certain websites. For example if i go to yahoo the page will never load or if i go to google the page will come up but when i do the search then it will never load. I am not able to search for anything. The only thing that i got one time is a message saying that this network was limited not sure the exact message but something in those terms it appear on the lower right hand side were the icon of the 2 computers are that represent the local area network

How would i fix this problem could it be a driver problem? bc i dont think i have a browser problem since all of the browsers dont work and the same browsers that i have in my computer i have in my laptop and works fine. It has something to do with my computer bc in my laptop it works fine. i dont have a virus are spyware bc i already search for those things.

Thank your for the help

Hey skoolkid21

What type of internet connection do you have? Are u part of a network connection? Is it wireless? Any details that you can give us will be helpful.... seems like a problem with your connection though....

Spyder_1386 :)

I have verizon dsl, its a wired connection my wireless connection works fine. I already restarted my router and my modem n it still have the same problem not sure wat to do now. I just use the router for things such as for video game console and my laptop thats about it. Every of my machines have no problem except my computer

can it be a mtu problem?
bc i have been doin some research and they say it might be that
but i dont understand how come laptop it works but not my computer if it was the mtu should it not work for both?

The only thing that i got one time is a message saying that this network was limited not sure the exact message but something in those terms it appear on the lower right hand side
this is the Limited Connectivity message.
Usually you have an IP address 169.x.x.x which is almost useless and it is cause by your system
not finding the DHCP server on the network (ie your lan). Next time, get a cmd prompt and enter ipconfig /all;
copy and paste the results into your follow-up.

be sure you have DHCP enabled on the NIC; View Network Connections->right click on Lan connection that's active
pull down to properties->slide down to TCP/IP(last item)->click properties button
enable both IP and DNS Automatic.
Click ok to close the windows.

pull the RJ45 out of your system, wait 10 sec, and replug it; wait 30 sec.

now rerun the ipconfig /all
you should have an ip address like 192.168.x.x

next enter ping www.google.com
and you should get some timing info, no timeouts or other messages.

if none of the above works try this:

Open a Command Prompt window
1. Start>Run>Type cmd and click ok you will get a black box.
2. Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press Enter make sure to put the spaces. The original prompt will reappear.
3. Now type netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter
4. type exit press Enter and reboot the laptop.

Let me know if this solve the problem

Omg i am having the same freaking problem! What a coincidence! When I go to yahoo the page will never load and I can't search with google with any search engines! What is going on. I am using firefox, but with internet explorer, it works fine.

i have tried everything that you guys told me to do and nothing seem to work. I already had a 192.168.xx.xx ip address and when i ping the websites it does work but when i try to enter the website through the browser it does not work

do u guys believe that it has to do with the drivers?

i was right it was my drivers i needed to update the internet Protocal
Thank You all for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back