Internet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan1983

Hey all, wasnt sure where to ask this question.

I have a cable connection with a download speed of about 16 kb/s.

The thing is, when i connect to softwares like pokerstars or absolutepoker or others like that, it only connects in early morning and late evening, im guessing because theres less traffic on the cable provider with less users being on?

Yet download speed stays pretty much the same all day. Browsing too. And a few softwares like poker.com connect very well all day.

Do i have to upgrade my cable speed to connect easier to the others all day, or is there some kind of fix or software that could help me with that, although i guess its a longshot.

Thanks for your help.

alan1983 said:
I have a cable connection with a download speed of about 16 kb/s.

The thing is, when i connect to softwares like pokerstars or absolutepoker or others like that, it only connects in early morning and late evening, im guessing because theres less traffic on the cable provider with less users being on?
not likely the provider, but rather the remote *poker* sites
Yet download speed stays pretty much the same all day. Browsing too. And a few softwares like poker.com connect very well all day.

Do i have to upgrade my cable speed to connect easier to the others all day, or is there some kind of fix or software that could help me with that, although i guess its a longshot.

don't think so, but your 16kbs is not that much --
heck, dial-up can run 48-56kbs!

usually it's more like 1000 kbs or more. Are you sure?

a typo aha
can try some nic tweaks go to dslreports.com do speed test at time when you are trying to dwnld
follow directions on fixs
enable MTU reg tweak MTU 1500 or so
increase your connections?? you'll see info there on how
if you are not using firefox you should
don't know how the game is played?? the client format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back