Internet Sharing wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3Gr4yAr3a

I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running XP. The laptop has sp3 while the desktop is sp2. I currently cant get online wwith the desktop because it has no wireless network adapter and I physically cant get it close enough to my router to use ethernet so i am trying to configure internet connection sharing on the laptop so i can share the connection. I followed all the instructions support.microsoft.com/kb/306126<------here but it still doesn't work.

You need to get a wireless router and set up a network between the two computers for File & Print Sharing. If you get a router and need help with setting up the network, try Network Magic: http://www.networkmagic.com/

You can't share the connection without a router.

I have a wireless router, but my desktop has no wireless adapter, and I cant get it close enough for an ethernet cable. SO this means there is no way I could share the internet on my laptop through an ethernet cord to the desktop? If so, then what is the tutorial i mentioned for?

use a cross cable and add another lancard to your desktop and install proxy in your desktop
and mention the proxy IP & port no it will work try it...

google for Dlink dwl-g810

the device connects to a normal rj45 ethernet connection and allows a wifi connection
to your router :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back