Internet speed confusion

Okay, My old modem could only handle 1GB download for web pages but my new modem can handle 4GB down for pages But only my speed has went up its still the same time for the pages and im wondering why if they said that they would load faster but it doesnt

Upload/Download speeds dont matter when it comes to loading web ages, unless your internet is super slow. Web pages transfer small amounts of data, it was made like this so you dont need a very fast internet speed.What browser are you using?

You bandwidth is controlled directly by your ISP and then only indirectly by the hardware you have purchased.

Upload/Download speeds dont matter when it comes to loading web ages, unless your internet is super slow. Web pages transfer small amounts of data, it was made like this so you dont need a very fast internet speed.What browser are you using?
I agree. My 1st 7+ years was on dial up & even google earth worked great.

Firefox

That's a pretty good Speedtest result. I'd say it's the particular web pages you're browsing on - they can only load so fast.

Less anyone forget, the ISP uses QoS to control the client's bandwidth :)

Back