Internet star, Grumpy Cat has amassed $100 million for its owner since 2012

1. Tardar Sauce, better known online as Grumpy Cat, is the most world's most successful pet, earning its 28-year-old owner Tabatha Bundesen and her Arizona family a reported $100 million. Grumpy Cat's appearance originates from a combination of feline dwarfism and an...

Read more
  2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,142   +483

Yea, I saw a preview of that grumpy cat movie.... I'll pass...
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,378   +2,167

Good for her.

I wonder how this will impact cat speculation. With an ROI as insane as this, I'll be willing to bet people start adopting cats and snapping photos like there's no tomorrow.

My recommendations: Long cats, long Instagram, short dogs.
  4. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 599   +57

To be true or nah...
  5. davislane1

Even if it's only a 1000th of the fictitious revenue, that's a hell of a return simply for owning a cute cat.
  6. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,526   +680

Shoot ... I got a bunch of ferril cats running around here, all of them are grumpy, nasty, hairball sucking critters that I will be glad to give up for $100M; or maybe just $1M; ah shoot, if your willing to come get 'em you can have 'em! ALL of them .... Please!!!
  7. TheDreams

Yo this is a cute cat: [​IMG]
    Idk what your looking at...
  8. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Locally, the owners of a cat had to do absolutely nothing for it to earn them $NZ155,000 (about $US120K).
    It's only a matter of time before these animals launch a class action suit regarding exploitation.
  9. davislane1

The Internet has spoken. Grumpy Cat is adorable according to the social media types. That little kitten praying its delicate little heart out to Anubis is, at best, generic. I won't dispute the market.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    TheDreams likes this.
  10. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,080   +331

Lol were all doomed all of this over a cat like really.

Don't get me wrong I think its funny but this planet is f***** up.
  11. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 292   +68

Wow. What a lucky owner. And what's up with all the despise and jealousy in the comments?
  12. Wow, perhaps I could be more lucky if I had a grumpy dog :D
  13. davislane1

14. s0urce

s0urce TS Rookie

So let me get this straight..."Bundesen called the $100 million revenue claim "completely inaccurate," "

However, you use the 100million figure in your headline? Clickbait central. This site's going downhill fast.
  15. TheDreams

Have you considered that this post was created before that claim was made?