Internet suddenly refuses to work on my desktop

MysterioMask

Ok i got home today and my desktop comp has been off all day last night it wasnt having this problem, anyway i got home. turned my comp on noticed that the power had gone out earlier today because my clock on my desk was flashing. Turned on the computer. cant get internet. I can get wifi fine and connect to the net find on my laptop, took the cable out of the desktop plugged it into my laptop and shut my wifi off and the internet worked fine.

Back to my desktop plugged everything back in, still nothing restarted nothing, disabled and enabled local area connection still nothing, ran virus scans nothing. The 2 lights on the back of the comp where it plugs the ethernet into are flashing but cant get internet. Uninstalled my device driver and reinstalled on a startup, .nothing. System restore, nothing.

At this point i am at a loss at what to do , can anyone help?

I would try reinstalling the motherboard LAN driver and see if that helps. Is everything else working ok?

Ok heres what i did, i took an old 3rd party pci ethernet card and put it in the slot plugged ethernet into it turned on comp let it install, everything seemed to install fine. I restarted like asked and got internet with the ethernet card, was like ok what the heck lets plug into old slot, did, and all of a sudden the ethernet was working in the original motherboard port. So i took out the card and its still working so i dunno but its working now.

Back