Internet working only 5 minutes, after restart, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQRugby

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my Internet only works after I restart my computer. If my computer is off and I start it up it works fine for about 5 minutes and then nothing! If I then restart computer it will work for 5 more minutes and then nothing! It says I still have excellent signal strength but I can do anything involving the word Internet. Ahhhhh It is a wireless conection from my router to my hp laptop. Could It be a hardware issue or have I just screwed something up? Everything else in the house works just fine with the wifi ( another laptop, phone) but MY computer seems to me tauntng me!
Well ANY help is greatly appriciated!
Thanks!

Since it is a laptop could you tell us the make and model of it? HP Pavilion 6000 for example.
If you happen to know it (Should be written on your laptop somewhere if you don't) Go to the manufactures website and find the drivers section for you laptop. Make sure the drivers you need are all up to date.

Check your settings for the WAN to make sure 'allow the computer to turn this device off to save power' is not checked.

ya of course it is a ze5500. It's a couple of years old now. I try to update but I can't get a connection for long enough...

Hi
As of about 3 days ago, I have been having exactly the same problem. My internet works for 5 minutes then nothing although the computer thinks it is conected to the internet and everything is running smoothly. A friend's laptop worked fine with not problem on my wireless connection.

My comptuer is also a few years old now. A virus is the only explanation I can think of.
I would also appreciate any solutions to solving this problem.

Hi,

Its definitely an issue with your laptop. The main reason could be any update that you received. So try and restore your PC to a previous point and then check if it works fine.

Hope it helps.

adios amigos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back