TechSpot

Interview with Good Old Games + Giveaway

By Julio Franco
Oct 6, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. Good Old Games is just about that, reviving PC gaming classics. We talk with the service's PR manager, Lukasz Kukawski as he comments on the challenges the service has faced, their DRM-free model, and a few other tidbits on the GoG operation.
    http://www.techspot.com/article/205-good-old-games-interview/

Also... Don't miss our GoG giveaway!
    Comment here what game you would like to receive for free (see GoG's full catalog) and mention any other PC gaming classic you loved back in the day, and you are in.

2. dzikoo

dzikoo TS Rookie

Game I would like to win: Fallout 2
    Game I would like to play again: Populous

3. Fada

Fada TS Rookie Posts: 34

Game id love to win: warcraft 2
    Game id love to play again: Heroes of might and magic 1, and all the old lucas arts point n click games.

4. MikeFE

MikeFE TS Rookie

Game I'd like to win: Disciples 2 Gold
    Games I'd like to play again: Ultima Underworld (1&2), Ultima7, System Shock

5. cheesefart

cheesefart TS Rookie

Game I'd like to win: Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
    Games I'd like to play again: Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, Ultima 8, Syndicate, Duke Nukem 2

6. Macros_1

Macros_1 TS Rookie

Game I'd Like to win: Empire Earth: Gold
    Games I'd Like to Play Again: Any of the old Origin Systems Games, Wing Commander (esp. 3 & 4), Crusader, Ultimas, etc.

7. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 459

I would love to win a copy of Duke Nukem 3D

Also, The Lost Vikings was an awesome game back in the day, would love to play that again.

8. rpsgc

rpsgc TS Member

Game I'd like to win: Fallout 1 or Fallout 2
    Games I'd like to play again: Under A Killing Moon, Doom, Freespace, Earthworm Jim, MDK, System Shock, Loom, etc.

9. Hutty

Hutty TS Rookie

Game I'd like: Under a Killing Moon
    Game I'd like to play again: Sam and Max Hit the Road

10. Spacepatrol

Spacepatrol TS Rookie

I'd like to win Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.
    And I would love to see Disc World Noir. I bought it years ago but never got it to work on XP/Vista!

11. biggdbo

biggdbo TS Rookie

I'd like to win Duke Nukem 3D.

I'd love to play Earl Weaver Baseball - but last time I tried on my PC, it was too fast for the game to handle. Using the arrow keys, the cursor jumped from one side of the screen to the other. I couldn't get it to the selection screen to switch the controls to the mouse. Bummer.

12. jdaniel

jdaniel TS Rookie

I'd like to win MDK.

I would like to see also Commandos 2 - it will probably follow, the first one I see it's already there.

13. Game I'd like to win: Fallout 2, the great classic.
    I'd like to replay UT: GOTY, Disciples 2
    Thanks in advance!

14. harby

harby TS Rookie Posts: 37

Game I'd LOVE to win: Tex Murphy: Overseer
    Games I'd like to play again: Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, Oddworld: Abes Odyssey and many many more awesome adventure games. Bring back the adventure genre :(

15. LightHeart

LightHeart TS Rookie Posts: 155

I'd like to win: The Longest Journey

Other games I like: Duke Nukem *, Unreal Tournament *, Stronghold *.

16. digikzes

digikzes TS Rookie

Game I would like to win: Duke Nukem 3D.
    Game I would like to play again: Age of empires

17. Coda22

Coda22 TS Rookie Posts: 22

Game I would like to win: Any of the Fallout Series.
    Game I would like to play again: Any of the Oddworld Series.

Thanks!

18. jstillion

jstillion TS Rookie Posts: 107

Game I'd like to win: Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon
    Games I'd like to play again: The Longest Journey, Septerra Core, Sacred Gold, UT GOTY.

19. Badfinger

Badfinger TS Rookie Posts: 160

Like2Win: Postal 2 Complete
    Like to play again: A good horse racing game, forget one I liked about 12+ years ago.

20. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

game id like to win: MDK
    game id like to play again: Ultima Underworld (1&2)

21. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

game I'd like to win: MESSIAH
    game that brings back memories: Solar Wind (which I don't think in the gog's list yet.)

This site is great; There are lots of games that just do not work on new hardware and OS. It is cool that we have someone helping to keep there IPs working and available.

22. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

What I'd like to win: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Games I used to play (and loved): The Thief series, Metal Fatigue, the Fallouts, Spellforce, Sacred, Diablo2, Warcraft2

23. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

Game I'd like to win: Evil Genius
    Game(s) I'd like to play again: X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter (best space sim ever!), Grim Fandango (loved that adv. game), Full Throttle (another awesome one), and Star Trek: Elite Forces 1 & 2 (great fps w/out a lot of hype)

24. lynxon

lynxon TS Rookie Posts: 30

The game that I would like to get is Beyond Good and Evil

A few of the (good) old games that I played and loved are both Earthworm Jim's (I can still hear the SQUAK from the birds in the first level), both Abe games (So many memories playing that with my dad when I was younger.... That game is so much harder than I remember!), and the first Rayman game (I can only remember how vivid the sprites were)

25. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

The game I'd like to win is Descent & Descent 2. First time I played those games I almost hurled from the vertigo of being able to move around 360 degrees in a 3D environment. Was trippy!

Wow...that's quite the catalog they have there! Hadn't checked it in a while. Great interview too.... Be nice if they added the MechWarrior series as well as the Age of Empire series.

Good article - thanks!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.